Dr. Hansell is an out-of-network provider and does not contract with any medical insurance company including Medicare. She opened this clinic because she no longer wanted to practice medicine the way the traditional medical system has required it to be practiced. Instead, her focus is on the patient and personalizing their care. Since Dr. Hansell’s services are unique, her financial policies set her apart from traditional mainstream medicine.
Why We Are Not In-Network With Insurances
- Insurance companies determine which services providers can and cannot provide and how much they can charge for those services.
- Insurance companies are not focused on preventive or wellness services. They are heavily invested in the conventional model of health care that too often relies on drugs and surgery.
- Dr. Hansell cannot be a participating provider with insurance networks and provide the time-intensive, well-researched, integrative care that she does.
Will I Have Any Coverage For My Visit?
- You can call your insurance company to see if they offer any coverage for an out-of-network provider. If so, they may reimburse you a percentage of services rendered. We will be happy to provide you with an encounter form so you can submit it to your insurance company.
- You can use FSA/HSA funds to pay for services or procedures rendered.
- You will be able to use your insurance at in-network labs (ie- Labcorp), diagnostic testing centers (ie- radiology), and for prescriptions (at the pharmacy) if needed.
What If I Do Not Have Medical Insurance?
- It honestly is more affordable to see providers out-of-network since many group practices have higher fees and hospital based charges associated with clinic visits. Patients can get charged about $250 for an 8 minute office visit at their traditional office (sometimes by a mid-level and not their physician) and also without any labs or pre-planning done prior to their visit. Our model is different as we try to maximize your time effectively pre and during your visit, to keep your cost the lowest possible.
- We have contracted with laboratories (Labcorp and Quest) to offer cash pay discounted labs that are cheaper than retail rate. (If you have a HSA or high deductible plan, it may also be more affordable to get labs via this route.)