As a member in our practice, you can have access to our infrared far sauna by Sunlighten. We also have an area to shower post sauna for your convenience.
What are the benefits of an infrared sauna?
- Detoxification – Toxins reside in our body. Sweating helps us remove those toxins. Infrared sauna benefits the body by causing a rise in core temperature resulting in a deep, detoxifying sweat at the cellular level. Mycotoxins and some heavy metals are detected in sweat.
- Anti-Aging & Skin Purification – Helps heal the epidermis and dermis layers of the skin. It stimulates collagen production to reduce wrinkles and improve overall skin tone.
- Pain Relief – Infrared heat penetrates tissue, joints, and muscles to relieve anything from minor aches and pains to chronic pain conditions such as fibromyalgia. Pain management professionals incorporate infrared heat therapy into treatment plans to decrease pain and muscle spasms and to speed up recovery time.
- Improve Sleep Quality – Unlike traditional saunas which operate at extremely harsh temperatures, infrared is a gentle, soothing and therapeutic heat that promotes relaxation and improved sleep. Infrared sauna benefits include therapy that helps you relax while receiving an invigorating deep tissue sweat, leaving you fully refreshed after each session.
- Cellular Health – Infrared therapy stimulates the circulatory system to fully oxygenate the body’s cells. Better blood circulation means more toxins flow from the cellular level to the skin’s surface to improve cell health, aid in muscle recovery and strengthen the immune system.
- Improves Circulation – Heating the muscles with infrared rays produces an increase in blood flow similar to that seen during exercise. Regular infrared sauna use can significantly stimulate blood flow up to twice the normal rate.
- Lowers Blood Pressure – Infrared saunas induce a deep sweat to make the heart pump faster, which in turn increases blood flow, lowers blood pressure and helps circulation. Scientific evidence shows the infrared sauna benefits using an infrared sauna a couple times a week lowers blood pressure.
- Weight Loss – Studies have shown that benefits of an infrared sauna session can burn upwards of 600 calories while you relax! As the body works to cool itself, there is a substantial increase in heart rate, cardiac output and metabolic rate, causing the body to burn more calories.
- Wound Healing – Scientific research has concluded that infrared therapy greatly enhances the skin’s healing process by promoting faster cell regeneration and human tissue growth. Human cell growth increases to repair wounds and prevent infection.